SHOW YOURSELF A LITTLE ESSENTIAL LOVE!
One of the simplest and most pleasant methods of self care we LOVE, is experimenting with essential oils, as they holistically support the healing of general physical or emotional disturbances. Essential oils can also be found in many household or beauty products, as they are naturally aromatic and certain oils contain antimicrobial properties.
When shopping for essential oils, it is important to understand where they come from and to ensure that the oil you’ll be using has been produced and bottled in its purest form. Essential oils are compounds extracted from plants through distillation or cold pressing. These compounds are naturally aromatic, unique to its original plant source (like flowers, grasses, fruits, leaves, or trees). In order to use these compounds in aromatherapy or in product, they are combined with a carrier oil. Products on the market that include chemical additives were not extracted through distillation or cold pressing and should therefore be avoided, as it’s possible that the compounds have been combined with other synthetic oils. Identify the ingredient list and ensure that only the aromatic plant compounds are listed – and you’re set!
“THE EARTH LAUGHS IN FLOWERS” ~ RALPH WALDO EMERSON
EDUCATING PEOPLE ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF SCENTING AND PROVIDING TOOLS TO INCORPORATE IT INTO THEIR LIFESTYLE
One of the most popular uses of essential oils is aromatherapy, because each oil delivers different healing properties. There’s also the art of aromachology, the study of how scent can impact us on an emotional level. Scent can trigger meaningful memories and can influence your mood, emotions and behavior.
If you’re new to the market and are unsure where to start, check in with yourself first to determine where you need support. Here is a list of some of the most popular essential oils and their health benefits to help guide you:
- Lavender: Helps to relieve stress and promote deep rest
- Peppermint: Helps to reduce headaches, boost energy and aid digestion
- Jasmine: Helps to improve mood, libido, and women use it to help with contractions during labour
- Lemon: Helps to improve digestion, headaches and mood
- Ylang-Ylang: Helps to reduce nausea, headaches and skin conditions
- Chamomile: Helps to improve mood and promote relaxation
- Tea tree: Antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiinflammatory, making it a helpful aid in boosting immunity
- Sandalwood: Helps to calm the nervous system and stimulate focus and clarity
- Bergamot: Helps to reduce stress and reduce skin inflammation
- Rose: Helps to improve mood and reduce anxiety
Essential oils play such an important role in our products today, because they offer an element of holistic healing, and there’s truly no “work” to be put in from our end.
We want to hear about your experience with essential oils, so be sure to drop us a line below and let us know which combination or technique has helped you bliss out the most!